Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Remember Who You Are


Guilt, I did something bad.
Shame, I am bad.

Guilt, surprisingly is a positive emotion. It is what inspires change and ultimately perfection. Shame is a negative emotion, it inspires negative emotion, after negative emotion. These negative emotions inspire poor decisions which only add upon the shame we have already acquired. It's ok to feel guilt, but never let that emotion convert into shame. When you feel guilt remember this simple lesson taught by Lion King.

"You said you'd always be there for me, but your not, and its because of me, its my fault, its my fault".

Simba is demonstrating shame, this same shame that inspired him to hide and live an alternate lifestyle to try and hide his pain.

"Thats not my father, its just my reflection"

Often we can't see past our shame to who we really are, we need to follow the advice of Rafiki to "look harder", and you will see that the light was in you all along. Remember that "you are more than you have become...remember who you are..."

Remember that though the winds change and blow, "change is good". "The past can hurt" don't run from it, just learn from it! Remember that you are children of the divine, and that he lives in you.

For God so loved you that he gave his only begotten Son, that if you believe in him you shall not perish, but have everlasting life.


(Italics signify changes by author, author claims no writes to media content within post)

3 comments:

Sarah Haynie said...

Hi Marshal:
Loved your post. Great ideas - growing from the past mistakes makes us better people.

Love you and am so excited that you are going to BYU Hawaii. I am for sure going to come and visit you and Parker and Erin/Aaron this next fall.

I hear nothing but good things about your work and school. So proud of you.

See you soon when I come to the reception in Bountiful.

Love

Grandma Sarah

michelle said...

Something we all need to be reminded of from time to time, so thanks for reminding us.

Mom

anitamombanita said...

You rock my world. Casi no puedo creer que eres el mismo niño. Jaja...talvez es que NO eres el mismo niño. Eres nuevo hombre. Te quiero muchísimo y estoy muy feliz con las cosas buenas que pasen en tu vida!! Abrazos. Y gracias por las palabras sabidurías!

Tia Anita