Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Viaje del Amor

So I have not been very good about keeping everyone posted on everything, I know that we are not all facebookers, so I am just going to give the update here as well. We (Sandra and I) are engaged :) Earlier this month I flew down to Mexico City where I got to spend two wonderful weeks with Sandra, really I have never been happier, I got to meet a ton of her family and friends, I got to know her city and her little town on the outskirts of the biggest city in the world, and it was all perfect.


We went to a baby shower, and wore matching shirts.


We smiled a lot.


 We shared a romantic dinner on top of the Latin-American Tower.


We then danced on top in the lookout of the tower, though Sandra makes sure that everyone knows that I am no good at dancing, but she didn't mind. Then we found the temple through the binoculars and while she looked at it, a song I had written for her began playing on my laptop, she turned around and I was kneeling, and I proposed and well...the rest is history.

I am grateful that my Heavenly Father saw fit to have placed such an amazing woman in my life, and I am grateful that she has agreed to be my eternal companion.


So now we are waiting her approval to enter the United States and be married, it's for that reason that I haven't come out with to much information, because there is really no way of knowing. It is a financially and emotionally exhausting process, but we know that it's worth it, and that we will be blessed. Next Monday Sandra has an interview for a tourist visa so that she can come visit while we await our permission to marry, so please keep us in your prayers that her interview will go well, as well as the our permission to get married. And that's about it for now, love you guys :)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Congratulations! What a great love story...

Sarah Haynie said...

I am so very happy for you Marshal. You and Sandra look so happy. Congratulations and I do hope you do not have to wait to long to get married. Please keep us posted if Sandra can come to visit. We all want to meet her if possible. Love you and want your love story to have a blessed ending.