Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Happy Fathers Day

Saturday night we got a call about boy in our ward who got lost in th Uintahs on a family camping trip. They were calling to organize a search party, me and dad volunteered and at three AM we headed out. We all met up at a grocery store close to the camping area and the parking lot looked like it was black Friday or something it was packed full of searchers. After a couple of hours of trudging through marshes, rockpiles and forest (Uintahs are really a search parties nightmare) a group in a FJ Cruiser (remember that, it's important) pulled up and waved us over and told us a horseback team just found the boy, I got on my walkie and got to inform the fellow searchers in the area, including the father of the boys discovery. Hearing everyones jubliant screams over the walkie was so amazing. When I saw the look on the boys fathers face as he held his son I knew that for him this would be the best fathers day ever!




PS. I got to ride in my dream car today.

7 comments:

Vern said...

I can't see the pictures, but I heard about this story from Grandpa and kept thinking that this boy was Drew's age! Holy cow, I'm so happy for that family. I can't imagine how horrible that would be. Kudos to you for helping out in the search effort!

Marshal said...

Sorry the pictures were giving me trouble I got them working now :)

Anonymous said...

Pictures not coming up for me at 10:34 Mtn time...Wow, thanks for your efforts...that is awesome!

Rachey said...

So glad for the happy ending!

Mitch said...

Marshal --

As I was driving Grayson's father down the mountain to meet up with him and you and the rest of the searchers who were already at base camp, I could feel his anxiety, his fervent desire to see his son again and be able to hold him in his arms.

We got stuck behind a slow-moving horse trailer and I could tell he wanted to get out of the car and run the rest of the way to be with his boy again.

When we finally got to base camp, as Grayson's father got out of the car, I said to him, "This is what heaven will be like." He smiled at me with tears streaming down his cheeks and said, "Yes."

That is how I feel about you right now. Thanks for going up into the mountains and searching for that little boy with me. I love you.

Pops

Rachey said...

Dad, that was awesome, made me cry.

KinseyBug said...

Marshal I really enjoyed this post. You are awesome and I am glad you finally got to ride in your fujitsu...haha good times